Location: Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Queen Street, Edinburgh
Date: Friday 7 December 2018
Join us to celebrate the launch of Studies in Photography 2018 Edition II, the journal of the Scottish Society for the History of Photography.
Enjoy an evening of live jazz, drinks and receive a 15% off* purchases made on the night, including Studies in Photography and publications by key photographers from the society.
The first 50 purchases over £10 will receive a goody bag.**
This issue of Studies includes:
- Higher Vision: Year of Young People | Exhibition Aayushi Gupta
- Paul Strand Outer Hebrides | Article by Don Fitzpatrick
- Larry Herman’s Clydeside: Photography of Protest and Community | Article by Noni Stacey
- The Photogravure: Photographic Art in Ink | Article by Anne Hammond and Norman McBeath
- Bho Mhoch gu Dubh / From Dawn to Dusk | Article by Fiona J. Mackenzie
- Photography and the poisoners Madeleine Smith and Dr Edward Pritchard | Article by A.D. Morrison-Low
- Documenting islandlife, the view from Eigg | Article by Camille Dressler
- Camera culture and magazine culture | Article by David Brittain
- Writer’s Choice | Kniefall by Mark Cousins
- plus all the usual news and reviews
*15% off purchases made on the night does not apply to Limited Editions, any membership, exhibition tickets or gift vouchers. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
**Goody bags are limited to first 50 customers who spend over £10 in one transaction, and are limited to one per customer. Goody bags cannot be exchanged for any other items. Contents may include but are not limited to postcards, books, stationery and posters. Contents of are subject to change for items of the same or higher value.