The 2013 issue of Studies in Photography highlights Blueprint 2013, the celebration of the cyanotype held earlier this year.
Contents include the following:
- The Annan Lecture given by Dr Mike Ware entitled Cyanotype: a Blueprint for Visual Vandalism?
- Dr Frances Robertson’s lecture: Blueprints as master plans: photomechanical reproduction, industrial duplication and the machine aesthetic
- From the Blueprint 2013 related exhibition at Street Level Impressions by Sylvia Grace Borda.
Beyond Blueprint 2013, we have a notable contributions from:
- Peter Kennard who delivered our Annual Photographer’s Lecture in 2012
- Dr Helen Bennett’s research on George Paxton, many of whose photographs of trees are now conserved at the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh
- A profile of the Department of Fine Art Photography at the Glasgow School of Art as it celebrates its first thirty years.
In addition, we review three books: